Suitable for -
A Bit about this role
Across the UK many of our feline friends are cared for by volunteer fosterers who provide a stable, safe and loving environment in their homes or in purpose built pens in their gardens. They provide vital hands on care and accommodation to stray, abandoned cats or cats whose owners could sadly no longer keep them, and are part of a dedicated team of volunteers committed to finding new homes for cats in need.
Most of our fosterers care for one or two cats at a time and enjoy providing lots of TLC to those cats which have been pre-loved or have had a difficult start in life. Some of our fosterers look after new mums and kittens and provide round the clock care to new-borns with tummies to fill and lots to learn. No matter what type of cats they have in care our fosterers provide the best start to the next stage of their lives.
What can you expect to be doing?
● Meeting the needs of the cats in your care
● Maintaining minimum veterinary and cat care standards
● Cleaning and looking after the cats environment and equipment
● Feeding, grooming and administering medication (such as flea and worm treatments)
● Spending time enriching the cats experience in care including; play, exercise and stroking
● Provide cat character profiles for Homing Team to Identify suitable matches between cats and potential homes
● Introducing the cat to prospective adopters
We’re looking for someone with
● Basic knowledge of cats, cat care and understanding their needs
● An appreciation of cat welfare and hygiene standards
● Good interpersonal skills
● Patience, commitment and empathy
● Willingness to be part of a team