Marketing and Social Media Volunteer
Suitable for -
The role of Marketing and Social Media volunteer will be to assist the staff in promoting challenging perceptions, volunteering and other activities.
Developing Challenging Perceptions social media presence with a particular focus on:
- Keeping our social media channels updated
- Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others
- Increasing the numbers of people following our posts on our own website and on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Promoting sessions
- Setting, working towards, and reporting on social media objectives and targets.
Undertaking one of the following projects:
- Leaflet and poster distribution: Monitoring, coordinating and helping with the distribution of our promotional leaflets and posters by our staff, members and supporters and identifying new opportunities for leaflet distribution.
- PR: Writing a press release every two months (three in total) with a view to obtaining media coverage; responding to any resulting media interest, and working with Community Farm staff to obtain the necessary information, photographs and interviews if required.
- Another project: If you have a particular area of knowledge or an interest area you would like to pursue, you are welcome to propose a project for you to undertake.
- A knowledge of the charity sector and funding within it.
The role would suit a new graduate from a marketing course or a more experienced marketer who is looking to gain experience in a new field.