Shropshire Languages Society
Shropshire Languages Society works to support, promote and enrich language learning and linguistically related careers from an academic, professional and social perspective. All members of our team play an active role in delivering our educational support services, enrichment opportunities and advice. Our service is delivered by our Academic advisory team is overseen by the Board of Trustees. Our work is aided by positive links with other organisations.
Our aims are:
To provide quality guidance over the process and benefits of language studying with a flexible approach.
- To raise awareness to learner or potential learners of the benefits and options available.
- To provide learning facilities for which there may not necessarily be statutory funding available.
- To share and raise awareness of the latest good practice and technology and resources available and to encourage its implementation.
- To combine language learning with other complimentary subject areas, especially Arts, Music, ICT, Humanities, Tourism and Business.
- To experiment with new learning methods to make studying more effective and enjoyable through a range of media.
- To ensure the inclusion of all groups and promote multiculturalism.
- To encourage those who possess a natural aptitude for foreign language learning to take advantage of their talent.
- To bring people with the same interest together.
Our current opportunities include: