Independent Coffee Shop in the Ironbridge Gorge, Shropshire, brought to you by Coffee with Soul & Gorge Grub. Find us at The Green Wood Centre aka Small Woods HQ.
More about us...
The Green Wood Café opened in June 2016 in a stunning woodland lodge at The Green Wood Centre (home of the Small Woods Association and formerly The Green Wood Trust), Coalbrookdale, with the aim of providing a unique coffeeshop experience in The Ironbridge Gorge.
We’re bringing you the very best from the the UK’s independent artisanal suppliers, local where possible, all served with passion and care. In 2019 we split our business identity to: ‘The Green Wood Cafe’, brought to you by our sister companies ‘Coffee With Soul’ (our coffee shop concept) & ‘Gorge Grub’ (our kitchen creative team).
Answers to the usual FAQ’s and info:
- Open 08:30-15:30 Monday-Friday, AND Friday 17:00-21:00 with our separate evening menu!
- Kitchen closes 30 mins before stated closing time.
- Open every Friday night with our street food menu (different to our day-time menu)!
- Open ALL Bank Holiday Mondays.
- CLOSED the first Wednesday of every month for staff training and cleaning!
- We DO NOT take reservations or private bookings.
- Open for some one-off events, see our website for details of what's on & when.
- Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-free lifestyle inclusive. We make everything to order!
- Coffee: all ground to order using our Fair Trade coffee beans. Swiss Water Decaf available too. Oat, Soya & Dairy Milk available.
- Cakes: all vegetarian with vegan and gluten-free options too.
- We’re licensed! All beers provided by The Coracle Micropub, wine by Astley Vinyard.
- All Welcome; well-behaved animals & humans of all ages.
- Ramp Access to the right of the building.
- Free Parking Available, please consider car-sharing and walking!
- Free Wifi Available.
- Eco: we’re proud to say we use ‘Vegware’ meaning all our disposables are compostable, huzzah! We also use ‘Earth Friendly Products’, a brilliant range of ecologically friendly cleaning products.