Building Better Opportunities. Funding will support projects in England that tackle poverty and promote social inclusion. It is funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund. Working closely with the Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteering Mentors will take part in some or all of the following activities as agreed at interview and reviews. Full training will be given:
• Promoting volunteering and its benefits.
• Recruiting eligible community members to the project.
• Supporting participants to fill in project paper work and obtain evidence of their eligibility.
• Attending promotional and introductory events as and where needed.
• Support the office based administration of the project, maintaining files and databases and helping with other admin tasks as needed.
• Attending volunteering appointments with participants, and in some cases accompanying them to volunteer.
• Sign posting participants to other BBO activities in the community, and support services where needed.
• Supporting the evaluation and overall development of the project.