The Knife Angel is an impressive sculpture made from more than 100,000 knife blades which aims to raise awareness of knife crime in the UK and to help stop people carrying knives.
The sculpture is dedicated to the victims of knife crime - a number of the blades carry the names of knife crime victims, inscribed by their loved ones.
The 27ft sculpture will sit in Southwater Square from 29 February 2020 until 29 March 2020.
We have the Knife Angel Information Volunteer opportunity. This role is to help and support the delivering of Knife Angel Public Art Community Engagement project.
What will you do?
- Meeting and greeting members of the public and telling the story of the Knife Angel project.
- Meeting and greeting school visits from coaches to venue and back
- Giving information on future project events
- Giving directions / sign posting members of the public
- Answering basic questions about the event
- Assisting with the set up and or close down of events may also be required
- Assisting less able members of the public to access events
- Reporting any health and safety issues to a volunteer coordinator
- Reporting any Safeguarding issues to volunteer coordinator