Has responsibility for ensuring the constitution is followed, conducting the meetings properly and making sure that decisions are made and acted on.
The chair will:
- Draw up the agenda with the other officers for both committee meetings and AGMs
- Start and finish meetings on time
- Ensure that new members are introduced and made to feel welcome
- Organise and lead meetings through the agenda
- Sign the minutes of the previous meeting when passed as correct
- Ensure that sufficient information is available for all items of the agenda to be discussed fully
- Share out work and check that decisions are acted on
- Ensure that everyone has a chance to share in discussion
- In the case of a tied vote the chair has a second vote.
- Keep in regular contact with the manager .
- Be the nominated person with Ofsted and be the point of contact for Safeguarding, complaints and staffing issues.
- Undergo relevant training for child protection and safer recruitment.
- Work with the Manager– this includes regular support and supervision with the Leader/Supervisor and ensure that there are signed records of these meetings
- Discuss the day to day running of the Early Years Childcare Setting with the staff and take their advice on matters concerning the children and the curriculum
- Be aware of current legislation which may affect the running of the Early Years Childcare Setting or the Out of School setting
- In consultation with staff ensure that Ofsted/EYFS requirements and recommendations are met and that the setting is registered on the appropriate Ofsted Childcare Register (OCR)
- Ensure that new policies and procedures are written as necessary and existing policies and procedures are reviewed dated and signed annually