Telford PDSA Office Volunteer Photo Library Assistant
Suitable for -
Are you organised and pro-active? Do you love photographs and are a whizz with editing software?
We are the PDSA; the UK’s leading veterinary charity treating the sick and injured pets of people in need. Our vision is A Lifetime of Wellbeing for Every Pet. Our Pet Hospitals are vital in helping us to deliver our mission carrying out over 2.7million treatments on more than 470,000 sick and injured pets each year.
Our Design Studio team, based in our Head Office in Priorslee, are looking for creative volunteers who can help them for a few hours per week, by cataloguing and editing an array of imagery, both digital and printed.
To be successful in this role, you will love photography, have a good eye for detail and have a good knowledge of image formats and their uses. A knowledge of popular cat and dog breeds would be a definite bonus, as you'll be working with lots of pet photos!
Volunteer Role: Photo Library Assistant
Purpose: The Photo Library Assistant supports the Design Studio Team to catalogue PDSA’s array of imagery, by uploading them to an on-line library and assigning relevant keywords to each image. Our images are used extensively in our literature, on our website and in internal documents. This role will involve sorting through all our images to ensure they are easy to find by end-users.
Location: Design Studio Head Office
Hours: Specific hours are arranged around your flexibility but a regular and reliable commitment will be needed. Our offices are open between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Support the Design Studio Team to build our photo library by:
• Sort through and organise our existing photos – of pets, people and places – in to relevant collections.
• Checking the quality of images – from the format and file size to the colour, focus and content of the image.
• Upload images to our photo library, while checking and categorising the imagery using agreed keywords.
• Administer our existing images on the library, report any issues and suggest improvements.
• Keep accurate records - to make sure all the paperwork relating to the photo library is up to date (e.g. model releases and copyright information).
• Scan our archive of printed photographs, cleaning digital versions using editing software.
• Assist new and existing users of the photo library.
• Compliance with all our policies and procedures including Health & Safety and data protection.
• This list shows some but not all of the duties you may be involved with.
Role-specific knowledge & Personal skills
• An eye for what makes a good picture
• Knowledge of image formats and their use
• Able to listen and take direction
• Reliable, conscientious and proactive
• Ability to work independently or with the team
• Computer literacy (editing software would be an advantage)
• Eye for detail
• Excellent spelling
• Knowledge of popular cat and dog breeds would be an advantage