Anstice Community Trust (ACT) was formed to bring The Anstice Memorial Hall back into use, enabling this historical building to be the community hub at the heart of Madeley.
The Anstice has received an extensive refurbishment and is now an ‘open to all’ community use building which includes a renowned ballroom, community café, meeting spaces and also home to the Library.
The Trust are now looking for Volunteer Helpers to help continue to support The Anstice to stay a community hub for the local area.
Location of Role: Home based, and within the local area, with meetings as appropriate at The Anstice.
Summary of Role: To assist with various volunteer roles to benefit the Anstice and ACT, including helping with events; preparation for events; practical tasks; admin tasks, and raising of profile and funds, as suits the Volunteer’s skills, abilities and interests.
Description of Voluntary Tasks: Working closely with ACT and the Volunteer Manager, Volunteer Helpers are required to assist with a wide variety of activities and events, including:
- Provision of refreshments at events
- Assist with setting up of stalls at events
- Manning of stalls at events
- Setting up/clearing away of tables and chairs within the Anstice ballroom for events
- Assist with small decorating tasks within the Anstice
- Distribution of promotional posters
- Admin tasks