Stroke Association Voluntary Groups provide long term social and peer support to people affected by stroke. They organise events and meet together to reduce social isolation and rebuild the confidence of members. Committee members organise and ensure the smooth running of the groups, and lead the team of volunteers.
Voluntary groups are run by a team made up of a Chairperson/Group Organiser, Secretary and Treasurer/Finance. Depending on your role you will be individually of collectively responsible for some of these tasks:
This might be the role for you if:
• You are confident in managing people and taking the lead or have prior experience of doing so in either a voluntary or professional capacity.
• You have administrative or secretarial skills.
• You have experience of managing a budget.
• You have excellent listening and communication skills.
• You have excellent organisational skills.
• You are computer literate.