Join the volunteer cinema team at The Wakes Community Cinema.
Volunteers are at the heart of community cinema providing great customer service to our community visitors. Joining The Wakes community team means you’ll become part of a small, friendly and welcoming team. You’ll have the chance to see some great shows and be at the heart of community cinema.
We are looking for individuals:
• With a passion for their local community
• Who are reliable, friendly and approachable
• Confident dealing with customers face to face
• Want to learn new skills
What we offer:
• Full training and experience of a great community environment
• A welcoming and friendly environment to work in
• The opportunity to see the latest film releases
• Free snacks and refreshments
• Free DBS checks (as required)
• Individual eLearning plan on a variety of subjects
• Development of transferable employment skills
• Contribution towards travel expenses (within reason)
• One to one feedback and development sessions
Ushers are responsible for assisting our customers into the films, being present through the film to assist when necessary. This is an ideal role for those interested in film and good with people.
Children’s Cinema Steward
We hold school holiday events for children, and you would assist the Event Officer with the practicalities of these events. There is a rewarding role that requires someone with a great deal of enthusiasm and patience.