To assist the Early Help and support staff in the planning, delivery and evaluation of the service provided and other events as appropriate.
- Town Clerk for overall line management
- Children’s Centre Coordinator for day to day guidance, training and formal supervision.
The Volunteer will be expected to:
- Facilitate planned play activities and encourage parents and carers to actively participate in their children’s play and learning.
- Assist in the preparation of the venue.
- Welcome and introduce parents, carers and children to the session (the ‘meet and greet’ role) and support with the conclusion of the session.
- Assist in tidying up during and after the session and encourage parents, carers and children to be actively involved also.
- Assist Children and Early Help and Support staff in maintaining a safe environment at all times.
- Promote Early Help and Support activities, including Parents Panel, Advisory Boards, and services of our partner agencies.
- Inform the appropriate Early Help and Support member of staff, at the earliest opportunity, should they be unable to attend a session or event.
- Work within the policies and procedures of Children and Family Early Help Oakengates Town Council, with particular reference to Safeguarding, Confidentiality, Equality and Diversity, and Health and Safety.