Suitable for -
To promote an efficient and effective general advice service, working within the Aims, Principles and Policies of our service.
• Explore the nature of a client's problem through questioning, listening and summarising.
• Use Bureau information service and other sources to provide possible choices of action and consequences.
• Support client in chosen course of action through negotiation, mediation, calculation of benefits, referrals.
• Record each case clearly, accurately and fully.
• Identify queries that raise concern and have Social Policy implications.
• Take appropriate action.
• Participate in training activities to continue to develop knowledge.
• Keep up to date with changes in relevant knowledge.
• Participate in staff meetings.
• Full training is provided.
• Minimum commitment of 7 hours per week
Good communication skills - written and oral • Basic numeracy skills • Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of others in a non-judgmental way • Ability to comprehend information and disseminate to others • Commitment to and ability to work within the Aims, Principles and Policies of the CAB • Interviewing skills - questioning, listening, summarizing and evaluating • Awareness of the need for training and development and willingness to learn and self-develop • Computer literacy
Volunteers are required weekdays and evenings