GEM's Customer Support Volunteer
Suitable for -
Join the team of Golden Event Makers. Following on from the success of Telford @50 in 2018 and the amazing volunteer support offered at the events, we continued our GEM’s programme successfully through 2019 and are looking to build on the generous help and support with our 2020 event programme.
The Customer Support volunteer role will require you to:
- Meet and greet members of the public, giving directions and sign posting members of the public.
- Answering basic questions about the event
- Assisting with the set up and or close down of events may also be required.
- Assisting less able members of the public to access events.
- Reporting any health and safety issues to a volunteer coordinator.
As a Golden Event Maker you decide how much time you are able to commit.
Here are the main events so far, join in the fun:
Spring into St Georges Day –Sunday 19th April –QEII Arena, Telford Town Park
Telford Balloon Fiesta -Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th May- QEII Arena, Telford Town Park
Armed Forces Day – Saturday 27th June – Broadoaks Playing Fields, Donnington
Telford Carnival – Sunday 19th July – QEII Arena, Southwater and Town Centre Box Road
You will need good communication and customer service skills.
An ability to take direction from a volunteer co coordinator.
As a "GEM" you will be offered an induction to the role.
You will have the opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills and have fun.
You will also receive out of pocket expenses, a GEM T Shirt and a standard reference on request following participation.
Volunteers will be supported with 1:1 meetings and by email, each volunteer will be provide with a Volunteer Handbook.