Volunteering Opportunities Outline
We are looking for volunteers to deliver activity or sports session at The Wakes building and local MUGAs and parks with Oakengates.
Joining The Wakes community team means you’ll become part of a small, friendly and welcoming team. You’ll have the chance run or assist your own activity session, meet new people and be at the heart of community development.
We are looking for individuals:
- With a passion for their local community
- Who are reliable, friendly and approachable
- With a friendly personality
- Want to learn new skills
- A keen interest or sport or physical activity
What we offer:
- Full in house training with external training opportunities (subject to funding)
- A welcoming and friendly environment to work in
- Free Enhanced DBS check
- Individual eLearning plan on a variety of subjects
- Development of transferable employment skills
- Contribution towards travel expenses (within reason)
- Specific external training opportunities (subject to funding & course availability)
- One to one feedback and development sessions
Childrens Activity Coach Oakengates Town Council’s Active Oakengates project is looking to inspire local people to be active and healthy through sport and activity. Coaches will lead, deliver or assist structured childrens community activity sessions within the Oakengates area. Encouraging and inspiring children to get active whilst having fun. This is an ideal role for those interested in sport or activity with experience of dealing with children.
Adult Activity Coach
As an adult activity Coach you will support Oakengates Town Council’s Active Oakengates project through delivery of sport or physical activity sessions in the local area. Coaches will lead, deliver or assist structured community activity sessions. Encouraging and inspiring adults to get active whilst having fun. This is an ideal role for those interested in a particular sport or physical activity as potential funding is available for training and development (Applications for external training for a particular sport or activity will be dealt with on a case by case basis and are subject to remaining funding)./p>