Telford & Wrekin Council has held a number of successful events this year such as T-Party, T-Live and the Southwater launch event. We are always looking for event volunteers who would like to be involved, help make a difference and who are looking to gain experience in event management.
We hold several events throughout the year requiring different skills but these are some typical responsibilities.
• Being welcoming and polite
• Telling people what activities are going on and being familiar with times of activities
• Advising on meeting and lost person points
• Recording accidents to your lead steward
• Keeping areas free of hazards
• Answering questions
• Giving information and directions
• Referring complaints to your lead steward
• Collecting lost items and taking them to event control
• Assisting with set up and close down of event
• Crowd management
• Litter picking