Volunteer Role Title: Café Assistant in the Launch Pad.
Aim of volunteering role:
The Launch Pad will be used as a office base for the redevelopment of Wellington Orbit. The Coffee shop will be open a minimum of 9am – 3pm Thursday to Saturday inclusive.
We are looking for volunteers to serve hot and cold drinks, cakes and pastries hygienically and maintain the professional presentation of the Launch Pad café.
- • To provide a warm welcome and friendly, helpful customer service
- • To comply fully with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations at all times
- • To prepare and serve teas/coffees, soft drinks,
- • To serve cakes and pasties
- • Collect payment from customers for refreshments etc
- • To engage with customers in a positive manner and have a knowledge of the project
- • Serving customers promptly and courteously and with a smile
- • Ensuring drinks cakes and pastries served to customers is of a consistently high standard and well presented
- • Prompt clearance and clearing of tables
- • Maintenance of a clean and tidy environment at all times in the café area
- • Preparing drinks as required
- • Assisting in the set up and set down of the café according to procedure as required
- • In accordance with Health and Safety Act 1974, to take care of own and customers Health and Safety at Work, this includes reporting any risks or potential hazards to Line Manager and Health and Safety Officer.