Children and Families Early Help and Support – Group Volunteer
Suitable for -
This is a fantastic opportunity to volunteer at Oakengates Children's Centre and become part of a passionate and committed team in supporting local children and their families. Situated on the site of The Wakes, we are registered with OFSTED and provide weekly sessions for local families from across Telford. The centre aspires to be an outstanding hub of the local community where families and children matter, develop and reach their full potential.
Reporting to the Town Clerk for and Children’s Centre Coordinator key tasks will include:
1. Facilitate planned play activities and encourage parents and carers to actively participate in their children’s play and learning.
2. Assist in the preparation of the venue.
3. Welcome and introduce parents, carers and children to the session (the ‘meet and greet’ role) and support with the conclusion of the session.
4. Assist in tidying up during and after the session and encourage parents, carers and children to be actively involved also.
5. Assist Children and Early Help and Support staff in maintaining a safe environment at all times.
6. Promote Early Help and Support activities, including Parents Panel, Advisory Boards, and services of our partner agencies.
7. Inform the appropriate Early Help and Support member of staff, at the earliest opportunity, should they be unable to attend a session or event.
8. Work within the policies and procedures of Children and Family Early Help Oakengates Town Council, with particular reference to Safeguarding, Confidentiality, Equality and Diversity, and Health and Safety.
This role would suit individuals who wish to further their experience of working with children and families. We are able to support university students in gaining the much needed experience that supports degrees in social care, childhood studies and youth and community studies, and welcome applications from these individuals. No experience is necesary as full training will be given. So If you have a passion for working with children and families and are able to work with diverse and challenging client groups and can work with a positive, neutral and non-judgemental attitude, we would love to hear from you. Oakengates Town Council will ensure:
1. Appropriate training and guidance in relation to their role. This will take the form of online training and face to face training. Volunteers will complete an induction programme and in addition will be expected to complete training relevant to the role around safeguarding, health and safety and health and wellbeing.
2. Regular supervision and appraisal from a designated Early help member of staff.
3. Out-of-pocket expenses reimbursement.
4. Volunteer in a safe and inclusive environment.
5. To be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
6. Access to the Oakengates Town Council procedures in respect of any dispute or grievance.