Anstice Community Trust was formed to bring The Anstice Memorial Hall back into use, enabling this historical building to be the community hub at the heart of Madeley. The Anstice has received an extensive refurbishment and is now an ‘open to all’ community use building which includes a renowned ballroom, community café, meeting spaces and also home to the Library. The Trust are now looking for Cafe Helpers to help continue the support of The Anstice to stay a community hub for the local area.
Location of Role: Café area of Anstice plus any refreshment stalls at fundraising events.
Summary of Role: To assist Café Manager/Staff in the day to day running of our busy café.
Description of Voluntary Tasks: Working closely with Café Manager and Staff, within the café area:
- To assist in the preparation and serving of food and beverages to café customers, to promote a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and to utilise appropriate selling techniques
- To be involved with taking food orders, preparing food, till operation and the handling of cash
- Assist to serve food, clear tables and use of the dishwasher
- Restocking fridges and freezers
- Tidying shelves and storage
- Emptying bins, kitchen cleaning including equipment, floors and walls, cleaning & sanitising work surfaces
- To ensure a safe environment for including the safe use of chemicals and machinery and appropriate use of P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment)
- To work as part of a team
- To adhere to policies and procedures.