Brookside Community Fridge with support from Stirchley and Brookside Parish Council and Brookside Central CIO have launched Telford’s first Community Fridge.
The aim of the Community Fridge is to enable residents and businesses to share surplus food and for anyone to help themselves to quality food that would otherwise be wasted.
Volunteers to drive to and pick up food donations from local businesses – this will ensure the community fridge remains full.
- Respond to requests from our Big Local Team.
- Be able to drive and collect food donations from local shops.
- Deliver food donations to Brookside Community Fridge.
- Respond to requests from Big Local.
- Adhere to Policies and procedures set out by Big Local.
- Volunteers will work off-site picking up food surplus from local suppliers.
- Volunteers will be working alone so will adhere to the lone working policy and will complete a risk assessment with staff member.
- Volunteers will carry food stuff to Brookside Community Fridge.
- Regular evening pick- up sessions Monday to Thursday evenings (Times in line with shop timescales (Usually 2 hours before shop closes).
- Early pick up of food stuff from stores (07:00am- 09:00am).
- Drop food to Brookside Central early mornings (09:00am onwards).