Anstice Volunteer Researcher
Suitable for -
Anstice Community Trust was formed to bring The Anstice Memorial Hall back into use, enabling this historical building to be the community hub at the heart of Madeley. The Anstice has received an extensive refurbishment and is now an ‘open to all’ community use building which includes a renowned ballroom, community café, meeting spaces and also home to the Library. The Trust are now looking for volunteer Reserchers to help continue the support of The Anstice to stay a community hub for the local area.
Location of Role: Home based with own computer, with meetings as appropriate at The Anstice. Occasional visits to the local library if necessary to further research.
Summary of Role:
- To undertake research using the internet; library; local newspapers and similar channels to gather contact details for the marketing and promotion of ACT’s fundraising activities and The Anstice as a venue for hire
- To enter research findings on to database
- To regularly update and maintain the database to ensure it is current
Description of Voluntary Tasks: Working closely with ACT and the Volunteer Manager, undertake research on specific projects e.g. research and identification of local community groups to promote fundraising activity
Time Commitment: Flexible, 2 hours per week initially ;additional time if required for specific projects. Role to be reviewed at three months, with a one month trial period
Skills and Qualifications:
• Familiar with internet as research tool
• Enjoys research
• Ability to set up database to capture research findings
• Good organisational skills
• Can be flexible with their time.
Training and Support: Regular contact with Volunteer Manager and ACT who will provide information for research projects