Anstice Fundraising Volunteers
Suitable for -
Anstice Community Trust (ACT) was formed to bring The Anstice Memorial Hall back into use, enabling this historical building to be the community hub at the heart of Madeley.
The Anstice has received an extensive refurbishment and is now an ‘open to all’ community use building which includes a renowned ballroom, community café, meeting spaces and also home to the Library.
The Trust are now looking for volunteer fundraisers to help continue to raise funds to enable The Anstice to stay a community hub for the local area.
Location of Role: The location of the volunteer role is home based, and within the local area, with meetings as appropriate at The Anstice.
Summary of Role: To assist with the organisation of planned fundraising events and/or organisation and delivery of volunteer fundraiser’s own fundraising event.
Description of Voluntary Tasks: Working closely with ACT and the Volunteer Manager, Volunteer Fundraisers are required to assist with a wide variety of activities and events planned to raise funds towards the major refurbishment of the Anstice Memorial Hall, including:
- Attending meetings to plan events
- Delivery of planned events to raise funds
- Manning of stalls at events
- Distribution of promotional posters
- Admin tasks associated with fundraising activities
- Working as part of a team to raise funds
Time Commitment: Flexible, 1-2 hours per week
Role to be reviewed at three months, with a one month trial period
Skills and Qualifications:
• An interest in working on a local project to benefit the local community
• An interest in fundraising would be beneficial but not essential
• Confident, good communicator with general public if at events
• Good organisation skills and IT skills if involved with admin task
• Can be flexible with their time
• Enjoys working as part of a team
Training and Support: Regular contact with Volunteer Manager and ACT who will provide information for research projects.
Benefits to Volunteer:
- Opportunity to help make a difference by getting involved with fundraising for a local project to benefit the community
- Opportunity to gain practical experience; gain new friends; and use skills and abilities to be involved with local project
- Opportunity to work alongside enthusiastic team with the Anstice at the heart of what they do
- Opportunity to use organisational skills to plan and delivery fundraising activities