To protect, conserve and improve the route of the Shrewsbury and Newport canals, and branches, for the benefit of the community and the environment, with the ultimate goal of restoring a continuous navigable waterway linking Norbury Junction to Shrewsbury.
1) Convince local authorities, government departments and local organisations of the benefits and feasibility of the proposed restoration.
2) Convince landowners, local commerce and the general public of the merits of restoration. 3) secure the route of the waterway and adequate water supplies.
4) Develop partnerships with local authorities and other bodies that will facilitate restoration of the canals
5) Implement an agreed programme for full restoration of the canal.
1) Civil Engineering 2) Bricklaying/stone masonry 3) Fundraising 4) dealing with Local Authorities 5) organising events 6) taking minutes 7) carpentry 8) 3 phase electrical installation 9) plumbing 10) heating and ventilating 11) internal/external painting 12) plastering 13) driving plant/equipment 14) vehicle maintenance 15) updating Social Media platforms
Our current opportunities include: Canal Restoration Volunteer
Tel: 01952 240828
Shrewsbury and Newport Canal Trust
Web site: www.cms.snct.co.uk